The ultimate luxury, you ask? It’s a time machine — the ability to go back and do it all over again, knowing everything you know now.
The Lucid Air Dream Edition P isn’t Tesla Model S 2.0, the company itself is Tesla v2.0, since many of the engineers and executives at the company benefited from the experience gained in setting up Tesla as a company.
And so the Air is a marvel of efficiency in packaging, powertrain, and aero. But its handling target was the E39-chassis BMW M5. And that’s a high bar.
With 1111 horsepower from two tiny motors, our test results showed the Air Dream Edition P could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.6 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 9.9 sec @ 143.5 mph: meaning it’s quicker than every Bugatti Veyron made, even the 1200-hp Vitesse and Super Sport models.
Does that make it a new benchmark of luxury? Or did Rivian do the right thing with the R1T, giving you the luxury of carting around more things and going more places?
And what about the Mercedes S-Class? Let’s discuss, shall we?
0:00 Introduction — Luxury buyers are thinking too small
1:54 The Lucid Air Dream Edition P
2:22 Elon Musk and Peter Rawlinson on Conventional Thinking
3:06 Lucid Motors is Tesla 2.0
3:50 The meaning of luxury
4:07 The Mercedes S-Class (W223) S580 is the benchmark of luxury.
5:29 The Tesla Model S Plaid on the race track
7:02 Tesla Plaid’s brakes, track mode, drift mode
7:36 The difference between Mercedes and Tesla: Silicon Valley touches
8:34 Lucid combines Mercedes and Tesla
9:51 Drag Race: Lucid Air vs Lamborghini Huracan Turbo — with The Throttle House
11:41 Air vs. Mercedes EQS and Porsche Taycan
12:53 Lucid Air Track Test
15:37 The measure of a luxury car is doing more things, better
15:50 Rivian R1T Launch Edition towing the Lucid Air
16:10 Rivian vs Lucid — who chose the right definition of luxury?
- (VIDEO) - Audi RS3 v Tesla Model 3 Performance - DRAG RACE
- BMW i4 vs. Tesla Model 3: first collision in the real world
- Lucid Air driving REVIEW Dream Edition - is it the…
- (VIDEO) - Tesla Model Y 2022 review - The BEST electric SUV?
- RIP Tesla Model 3! 2022 BMW i4 M50 Review
- 10 Best Megacars of Today with Unbeatable Technical…
- WOW! Tesla Cybertruck Half Scale Review
- (VIDEO) - Mercedes EQB 2022 review - why ICE cars are DEAD!
- Top 10 Most Expensive and Rare LAMBORGHINI all of time
- (VIDEO) - What happens when you off-road a Tesla Model X...