The Dutch brand will continue to rely on internal combustion engines.
Every year there are at least one rumor about the return of Spyker cars. The Dutch supercar company went bankrupt in 2014, but now there is talk of a revival, this time not just a rumor, but an official statement claiming the company will be funded by Russian investors and will make a profit. market new models this year.
The two leading investors in the Spyker revival deal are Russians Boris Rotenberg and Mikhail Pesis. Rothenberg is, among other things, the owner of the SMP Racing endurance racing team and the BR Engineering racing car studio. Pesis is a co-owner of SMP, and has a company specializing in luxury and tuned cars.
If the two names of Russian businessmen seem familiar to you, it is because they tried to make the same deal last year, but the plans failed, and then Spyker boss Viktor Mueller was again forced to file for bankruptcy after a failed restructuring.
“The collaboration agreement we reaffirmed is the starting point for Spyker’s resurgence as a sports car maker, with a stronger foundation than ever. It will help us have significantly better technical and financial resources to achieve our ambitious business. goals, “Mueller said in an official statement from the company.
Interestingly, Spyker will continue to rely on traditional internal combustion engines for “many more years”. Production of the Spyker C8 Preliator, Spyker B6 Venator and crossover Spyker D8 Peking-to-Paris should start this year. The system for the production of cars will be new: the carbon coupes will be made in Russia, also there, as in Germany, engineering will be developed, while the final assembly will be in a new factory in the Netherlands.
- Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - Self-Healing!!
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Rubicon, Test Drive,…
- Lotus Emira Test Drive By Jenson Button
- 2020 Porsche 911 992 Documentary
- Rolls-Royce Sweptail $13 million - World's Most…
- NEW BRABUS G800 G63 XLP SUPERWHITE! Interior…
- 2023 FORD TAURUS – THE MUSTANG SEDAN
- Rolls-Royce Vision Next 100 (103EX) - interior Exterior
- Dream job - Dodge is looking for a master of drift…
- TOP 6 - Fantastic Luxury Sedan!