The station wagon remains in the range along with the two variants of the Arteon.
Volkswagen has discontinued production of the Passat sedan, as it did before Christmas, but the station wagon version will continue to be available. This was announced by Autocar, citing a representative of the brand. However, it is not specified whether this is just the market in the UK.
The company has decided to abandon the popular 4-door model due to stronger sales of the station wagon. The Passat B8 generation appeared in 2014, and the next generation is expected to appear in 2023. It will be built on the updated MQB platform, emphasizing practicality. Thus, the Passat will move to a higher class, receiving an all-electric version.
According to Autocar, in the UK the sales ratio between the station wagon and the sedan is 2: 1. The 4-door version is mostly used by corporate customers with large fleets, while private individuals prefer the station wagon.
Another factor in the premature death of the sedan is the existence of the fast-backed Arteon, which offers comparable interior levels and a similar range of engines as the Passat, albeit at a higher price.
- Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - Self-Healing!!
- Mercedes-AMG E63S Wagon Review - The Best Car in the World
- 2023 FORD TAURUS – THE MUSTANG SEDAN
- 2022 CLS53 AMG FACELIFT Drive! LOUDER than the 63?!…
- Top 10 Most Expensive and Rare LAMBORGHINI all of time
- 2022 Audi RS Q8 Luxury Performance SUV
- 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift 2.8 4X4 Legender /…
- 2022 Audi RS 6 Avant - A Muscular Looking RS6…
- 2023 Hyundai Grandeur aka Azera Flagship Sedan Revealed
- 2023 MAYBACH EQS SUV CONCEPT! Most Luxurious Electric SUV!